Court dissolves 2-yr-old marriage over lack of child


The petitioner told the court that her husband and his relatives were in the habit of blaming her for the inability to bear a child. “My husband and his relatives had threatened to divorce me if the marriage did not produce a child,’’ she said.

According to her, the marriage was contracted in 2011 and was yet to produce any child. “My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I am fed up with my husband’s constant threats,’’ she said. The respondent did not object to the prayer of his wife, saying she was free to go as it pleased her.

“I see no reason in enduring with a woman who cannot conceive in her marital home,’’ he said. He prayed the court to grant the prayer of his wife without any claim. The presiding judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, dissolved the marriage and issued a certificate of divorce to the plaintiff. (NAN)
An Ilorin Area Court on Tuesday dissolved the two-year-old marriage between one Munirat Idowu and her husband, Wahab, over lack of a child in the union. Munirat, 28, a resident of Ipata area of Ilorin, had prayed the court to dissolve her marriage to Wahab due to the absence of a child in the marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment